MDRA Forum sponsored by
Advertise Here: Please call the Hot Line - 612-547-6372
MDRA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 MDRA General
 Questions
 Where to Start?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Overdraft Posted - 07/28/2009 : 20:38:38
I'm currently trying to get a fat tire ladder bar '82 camaro done/ready with a small SBC.
Before you answer this, I really know, I don't know bracket racing. I've been going up to CFR and watching. Purchased the NHRA 2009 rule book, been asking lots of questions but this is getting very confuseing. What is needed to run at CFR on Saturdays? Is bracket 1 the same as foot breaking? Bracket 2 transbreak and delay boxes? What the hell is trophy? What are basic's needed to get going and have some fun?
Thanks,
Bryan
Ames Iowa
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Overdraft Posted - 08/14/2009 : 15:49:26
We should be up there the 12th.
Bryan
stronglikebull Posted - 08/13/2009 : 22:03:45
quote:
Originally posted by stronglikebull

Where you guys finding those neat little yellow and green faces to customize your post?,,,They are pretty Kool!

Found Them!!!,,,
stronglikebull Posted - 08/13/2009 : 22:02:18
Where did you guys finding those neat little yellow and green faces to customize your post?,,,They are pretty Kool!
Lenny5160 Posted - 08/13/2009 : 09:58:16
Hey OD; I am a big fan of the ellipse but they only have three dots!

Look me up at CFR if you will be there the weekend after Labor Day and want to chat about some things.

Tony Leonard
Overdraft Posted - 08/13/2009 : 08:32:20
There's always one on every forum, the spelling/grammar Nazi.....
Good to meet ya'
Lenny5160 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 22:19:44

Tony Leonard
stronglikebull Posted - 08/11/2009 : 21:12:48
OOOOUCH!!!,,,,
Lenny5160 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 01:41:00
Unfortunately for you, Joe, Herb's spell check does not help you spell "Roehrs" correctly. Also, I believe "footbraking" and "transbraking" are each one word rather than two. Sentences should be separated with a period and a single space (they used to teach a period and two spaces when I was in school) rather than a random number of commas.

Tony Leonard
stronglikebull Posted - 08/10/2009 : 21:34:00
Hey Brian,If you look at your 1st post you might notice Herb did install spell check so we don't spell words like confusing wrong,,,you might want to use that next time,,,you also used the wrong synonym for Foot Breaking and Trans Breaking,,,It should have read Foot Braking and Trans Braking,,,,,Here's a site to help you with that,,,www.websters.com Hope this Helps!! Shake'N'Bake P.S.Don't feel bad about the spelling,,Steve Roerhs once spelled confused wrong, he spelt it confussed,so it can happen to anyone,,,Tony can't believe you didn't catch this stuff former 8th grade spelling bee champ!!
Overdraft Posted - 08/10/2009 : 09:37:31
That website has helped alot, thanks.
Lenny5160 Posted - 07/31/2009 : 12:31:56
Dig around this site a little bit. The author is a great racer and there is lots of good information to digest.

http://www.staginglight.com/guide/index.html

Tony Leonard
Lenny5160 Posted - 07/31/2009 : 11:22:36
Gary will be at Cedar Falls this weekend with two Mustangs. A red late-model one running 7.50s and blue '69 that runs 9.20s. His name is only on the red one, but his number on both cars is L566.

Tony Leonard
andyschmall Posted - 07/30/2009 : 18:39:04
Gary Loeffelholz owns G&S Dyno and Chassis. He can build you a new cage, set up suspension and many other things. http://www.gandsdyno.com/
Overdraft Posted - 07/30/2009 : 18:26:46
The battery is located in the back next to the fuel cell (the car is back half'd). It being a 3rd gen camaro I think it would easier to use the correct battery box, who makes it? The car has a 9" from Quick Performace with thier axles. The cage in the car is ****, and needs to be removed/replaced (so I'm told). I'd like to have someone look at the car and give me some pointers, I'm willing to drive if some has the time. Thank you for the replies.
Bryan
Ames
Prixmo Posted - 07/29/2009 : 17:18:42
quote:
Originally posted by nobox

To Start with.
If you keep the car 11.50 and slower, all you need is a battery tie down, driveshaft loop. No jacket, no roll bar.
It is real easy to slow a car down to get started and learn the ropes.
I have raced a 69 chevelle for many years in the high 11s and low 12s.In good cool and dry air the car would run faster, so with the summer air it will slow down a little anyway. If it has a stock gas tank just by filling the tank will slow it 3 or 4 hun.
Good luck and have fun..................

Lee
Dugdale

If the battery is in the stock under hood location all you need is the hold down. doesn't mater et if moved will need shut off switch. if fuel cell or battery relocated to rear area (this being a camaro with no trunk) there needs to be a firewall sealing them off from passenger compartment area. (if only battery back there an approved box can be used instead of firewall.) At 11.99 you need screw in valve stems or tubes on both front & rear tire. At 10.99 you will need aftermarket axles, retention devices (c-clip eliminators or bolt in axles) sfi balancer and transmission shield. Bracket 1 or super pro is delay box & throttle stops & trans brakes. Bracket 2 or pro no t-stops or delay boxes trans brake ok bracket 3 or sportsman is footbrake class but is 12.00 and slower hope this helps anything else just ask

Unfortunately those with the least amount of common sense are unaware of their lack of it

MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page