MDRA Forum sponsored by
Advertise Here: Please call the Hot Line - 612-547-6372
MDRA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 MDRA General
 Suggestions
 My ideas for MDRA...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Travis Sorokie Posted - 03/18/2008 : 22:47:33
You asked Andy...so here they are.

MDRA Car Show---have at a later date when more people have cars ready. Why not a mid summer car show on an off race weekend?

MDRA should have a 'target' at every MDRA event. Similar to the Mark Williams "Bounty Hunter" program, with a cash award tied to it.

I've always wondered why MDRA never went after anybody like Nitro Plate, Jet-Hot, New Image Coatings (Lino Lakes), Holley, MSD, NAPA, Coan, ATI, Line Performance, Bee Line, Meziere, Jesel, Super8/Days Inn, VP/Sunoco, M/T, Phoenix (I know there is a Hoosier advertiser), AMSOIL, Royal Purple, Red Line, Lucas, etc. to set up some sort of 'contingency' program. Using your MDRA member card for discounts.

Hold an event at Interstate Dragways...get some members from outstate MN/ND. This is where the biggest growth for MDRA lies in my opinion. MDRA has had typically 2-3 events at RFR in Wisconsin for years (and doing well) with membership there...time to spread your wings and grow elsewhere.

Have a "booth" at the track so competitors can learn more about MDRA during the event...even sign up on the spot. Perhaps this one is being done currently...I don't know.

Publish the 'minutes' from the MDRA Board Meeting on the forum for those who do not attend to find up what was discussed, and the direction the orginazation is going.

Points---if your going to award 300pts for showing up at the MDRA Car show---award at least 200pts for signing up for MDRA (but not both). Some just don't want to travel to the Cities for a Car Show. And this IS AN AREA that CAN have a big impact on the Season Championship. It happened to me in 1997. I beat Tony Leonard by less than 50pts...all becasue I went to the car show (my only time), and he didn't (Car Show was 150pts back then I believe).

That's just what's off the top of my head.........

I need to go...Bed Check at Internet Racers Forum Rehab is calling!

See ya in Staging!!!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Herb Posted - 04/29/2008 : 15:39:02
The newsletter can be put online in a few minutes. It would be in PDF format. User would have to have Adobe reader installed on their computer. The size would be 1-2 mega bytes. It would take longer on dial up than high speed connections. As the keeper of mdra.com, I am considering building a member area to the web site. This area would be an added benefit for members only. We could have the member choose printed or electronic newsletter when the sign up each year. Please post ideas for the members area. I hope this could add value to being a member of MDRA.

Thanks

Herb
nobox Posted - 04/19/2008 : 07:44:52
Travis It also seems (to me anyway) that you have extra time on your hands

Lee
Dugdale
nobox Posted - 04/19/2008 : 07:42:40
Travis with all of the enthusiasm and new ideas I can see that you could really mold this club into a new direction. By the way the Chairperson position is open and other positions that you could steer to your thinking also.

Lee
Dugdale
70 Boys Posted - 04/18/2008 : 09:21:30
After the latest MDRA meeting the idea's posted above were submitted and were reviewed by the board. All idea's and suggestions are greatly appreciated and please keep submitting them whenever possible.
I was asked to post the information below. Thanks so much.

1.Mdra car show later date = what weekend is race free or does not conflict with other area shows ?

2.Target with cash award = Already have bonus bucks and tnt perfect run challenge.

3. Booth at the track = people to staff the booth most would be busy racing.

4.Publish minutes of meetings = valid point will discuss at meeting must have secretary approval.

5. Send newsletter out electronically = Not all members are online. Member would have to have office 2003 at least, to be able to open and read. Very big file to send, dial up customers would need a long time to download. We have streamlined eliminator as much as possible we do our own printing and mailing. Sponsor impact. Sponsors would have no verification of members actually seeing their ads for business. For all members that are not online we would still need to print and mail copies to them at substantial extra cost. Please publish on forum. Thanks!

MDRA Board Of Director's
steveroehrs Posted - 03/24/2008 : 19:48:00
I think a broader bracket race schedule would help build the club. The track events should be expanded. I think you should take your best of 6 to 8 races and have about 28 events to choose from. You could have 2 annual points races at BIR,Interstate, Grove Creek, The Rock, WIR, Union Grove, Byron, Cedar falls, Tri State, Cordova, Eddyville, Iowa Speeedaway, Thunder Valley, and even Oahe. Instead of having a chairman at all the events, just have the racers mail in their time slip to the points chairman. You could give some small entry points for those who choose to travel to many events. There could also be a fund set aside for people who sign up the most new members. This would help make the MDRA a "midwest" club.
nobox Posted - 03/24/2008 : 19:39:55
W O W
I do not know where to start.

Lee
Dugdale
Herb Posted - 03/24/2008 : 13:46:07
Travis, thanks for you input.
We'll review these at the next MDRA meeting.
Any one else with ideas, please post them.
We welcome your input.

Herb
Travis Sorokie Posted - 03/18/2008 : 22:56:24
As well---save postage and printing, and just electronically send out the monthly MDRA news letter. I would guess 99% of MDRA members have Internet.

See ya in Staging!!!

MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page