About Trophy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

4-door Chevelle
Administrator

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  14:29:58  Show Profile  Visit 4-door Chevelle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am interested in your comments about what "Trophy" as a class means. I spoke with one MDRA member at the car show and he referred to it being where the new people go, that it is a starting point to move to another class when you get better. I guess that would make it the "beginners" class?

That was only one perception, now I would like some more before I reveal my own.

Thank you!

Darren
1972 Chevelle
1970 Chevelle

Jim Comet
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  15:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I raced trophy class for a few years. I have also raced bracket II. I believe it comes down to the commitment you make to racing (both time and financially). My car runs low to mid 12's, but it is just a glorified street car, yet I have seen many racers in similar cars who race regularly be successful in bracket II. I think the thing that has held me back from being successful in bracket II is I am unable to race more than 2 or 3 weekends a year. I truly believe that seat time in the car week in and week is the most important factor in being consistent and consistently going rounds. I believe Trophy is a good place for the racer who can only race occasionally to see some success. If I could race more often I would definitely challenge myself by racing in bracket II. Until my budget and schedule changes I am a trophy guy. Jim

Edited by - Jim Comet on 04/29/2008 15:11:30
Go to Top of Page

4-door Chevelle
Administrator

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  10:49:40  Show Profile  Visit 4-door Chevelle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jim! I am hoping to be in the low 13's this year but I have to abide by my own words, "prove it"! I didn't see you on the list, will you be able to join us this year? Look for me at all the Brainerd races for sure and hopefully some of the Rock races.

Darren
1972 Chevelle
1970 Chevelle
Go to Top of Page

4-door Chevelle
Administrator

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  08:31:42  Show Profile  Visit 4-door Chevelle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, 98 times this post has been read and only Jim had something to say? Thank you for your comments Jim, I appreciate it a lot. Anyone else???

Darren
1972 Chevelle
1970 Chevelle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page