MDRA Competition Classes
 Bracket II
 Big Bucks No Box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

FastnFurious

130 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  23:33:22  Show Profile  Visit FastnFurious's Homepage  Reply with Quote

FYI 10K to win for all you no box racers - Check it out

http://www.dragraceresults.com/images/news/Ohiocrankshaftnoboxnational.jpg

Joe Schmall

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  09:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reeeeeeeeaaaallly want to go but the little one's first birthday is the Saturday of the event. I like my house and being able to see my kids every day!

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

Travis Sorokie

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:02:17  Show Profile  Visit Travis Sorokie's Homepage  Send Travis Sorokie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How come BIR can't put an event together like this???

See ya in Staging!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't they kinda try once? I wasn't there so I don't know what level of success they had, but the fact that they never tried it again is telling. Of course, with better planning that first event could have been much more successful.

The problem with BIR is that their market is just about tapped. I don't see where they can draw a bunch more cars from. We can be drawn to Indiana, but Indiana racers will never be drawn here because within the same drive they already have plenty of big action out East.

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

FastnFurious

130 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  21:19:31  Show Profile  Visit FastnFurious's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They tried more then once. The problem was how the race was structured, promoted and scheduled. There are plenty of racers in this area who would support a big dollar event at BIR. We just need the right people to organize and run the event.

Joe Schmall
Go to Top of Page

Travis Sorokie

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  11:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Travis Sorokie's Homepage  Send Travis Sorokie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Totally agree! I raced in it...even managed to make it to the Pro Final in 2003 one of the days.

The S/SS porton of it was poorly attended---BUT that was do in part to the fact they held the event the same weekend as a National Event in Topeka, KS.

See ya in Staging!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  11:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, I drove 320 miles to a different event that weekend because none of the races were set in stone other than the $10,000 main event. Travis is dead-on with the reason for poor legal-class support.

We know the local racers will support a big-bucks event; they are already paying suitable entry fees!!!

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  13:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The event at the top of this thread will be cancelled if they do not receive 70 more pre-entries in the next 8 days:

**Pre Entry Deadline has been extended to Friday March 14th**..Allyn and I have also secured a way to accept Credit Card orders over the phone. So hopefully this will be a little more convenient. Remember, your money is 100% refundable in the event you can not attend for some unforeseen reason.
Give us a call @ (765)376-1288 or (317)408-8788

Greg Dillman - Triple O Promotions - Ohio Crankshaft No Box Nationals

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

shane
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  22:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be there!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic