Back to School
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Bill @ BIR Tech
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  12:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Bill @ BIR Tech's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I have a couple of questions for you.

Are you getting the most out of your car?

Do you think a professional could help you with your lane positioning or starting line routine?

I know that there are a handful of racers out there that have had the chance to attend a professional driving school like Frank Hawley's or Roy Hill’s; did you guys feel it was worth it? (Please let me know.)

The reason I ask is this; there is a driving school coming here for a private corporate event in late June. The owner is asking me if there is any interest in having them stay a day or two (or 3) more and hold a real drag school.

So my question to you is; would any of you be interested?
Right now this is just an idea. I understand that cost is a factor and I don’t have any pricing yet, we were just talking about scheduling and if you racers would be interested.

I've sent him a list of questions I have and wanted to get feedback from you, the end user.

Thanks,

Bill
Brainerd International Raceway

Travis Sorokie

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  13:12:34  Show Profile  Visit Travis Sorokie's Homepage  Send Travis Sorokie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Depends on the instructor. If it were someone like Hawley, Hill, Foley, Richardson I think a lot would be interested---myself included.

Even a day or two with Bruce Deveau of 'the Racer's Mind'

Long as it doesn't conflict with Route 66 events in June I think the turnout has potential for hardcore racers and beginners.

See ya in Staging!!!

5939 S/ST
58 SS/KA
Internet Forum Racer Rehab Room #101---checking out soon!
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  14:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to guess it is Luke Bogacki's new school. He has different guest instructors depending on where it is at; around here it would most likely be one or both of the Folk brothers. Current prices for them is $1000 for a 2-day course including classroom and track time each day.

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

Prixmo

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  15:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160

I am going to guess it is Luke Bogacki's new school. He has different guest instructors depending on where it is at; around here it would most likely be one or both of the Folk brothers. Current prices for them is $1000 for a 2-day course including classroom and track time each day.

Tony Leonard

Tony as far as I know it is not Luke's new school. I don't think I can say who it is but Travis may have it right
"Depends on the instructor. If it were someone like Hawley, Hill, Foley, Richardson I think a lot would be interested---myself included".

Don't always believe what you think
Go to Top of Page

Bill @ BIR Tech
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  15:54:09  Show Profile  Visit Bill @ BIR Tech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to be very clear that this is just an idea at this point.
The chance of us having a Drag Racing School is just as great if not less as us not having one. I gave the school owner the days we have available on the dragstrip and we are both looking at the possibilities.

Having said that I do want to steer this in the right direction.

Doug Foley will be here for a private corporate event the last weekend of June. We are looking at the three days prior to and the three days after that weekend as possible school days. It needs to fit his and his crew's schedules.

Please don't call our front office for information; they don't know anything about this. Please don't call Foley's office, they have no information about this either, it's just Doug and I kicking around ideas.

If there is enough interest we will move ahead and you will read it here first, if it doesn't happen you will read about it here as well.

Please let me know,

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Bill @ BIR Tech
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  09:58:19  Show Profile  Visit Bill @ BIR Tech's Homepage  Reply with Quote

If you are interested in taking a Doug Foley Driving School class or upgrading your license, send him a note here to let him know you are interested.
http://www.dougfoley.com/contact_us.html?zenid=iln8sim7n063bhs8tbgnh9tvk3

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Bill @ BIR Tech
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  11:34:09  Show Profile  Visit Bill @ BIR Tech's Homepage  Reply with Quote

There is weekend time available if you are interested. The corporate event will be taking up less time and that opens up Saturday & Sunday afternoon for you guys & gals that want to drive a dragster.

http://www.dougfoley.com/page.html?id=33
Or call 1-866-DRAGSTER for more info.

Bill
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page