New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mel
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  11:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe you haven't been taking questions lately but I really would like to know the difference between funeral salad and wedding salad and for some reason you came to mind to be able to help.

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  22:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Mel,I can see how I came to your mind right away bein how I have built 2 Funeral Homes,Remodeled 2 others,and also have my 4th Daughter getting Married in September,let me start with the Funeral Salads 1st,in our Parish we have groups and the salads are brought by the members that are in that rotation,as for the hot dish that is paid for by the family of the deceased,but prepared by volunteers,as far as wedding salads,in a traditional wedding in our area,they are prepared by a caterer hired by the brides parents,if the question is the difference on how they taste,,,I,haven't ever met a salad I didn't like,,at a funeral or a wedding!!Joe
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  21:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for miss understanding your question Mel! Funeral Salad: 1-pkg.orange jello 1-pkg.tapioca pudding 1-pkg.vanilla pudding 1-pkg.dream whip 3-cups liquid(juice from orange and water) 2-cans mandarin oranges(drained) Combine jello and pudding,add liquid,Bring to boil and then cool,,,Add dream whip and mandarin oranges. Wedding Salad: 2-cans mandarin oranges 2-cans pineapple tidbits(drained) maraschino cherries 3or4 oz.coconut 3-bananas walnuts 1-cup sour cream 3-cups small marshmallows salt 2-tsp.sugar Mix all,you add a little mild sour cream to make creamier. Mel,it looks to me like the only thing they have in common is the mandarin oranges,,,other wise everything else is different! Hope this answers your question now. SHAKE'N'BAKE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page