Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  23:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been getting asked a lot of very interesting questions,and thought this would be a good site to answer them on to broadin everyone's knowledge on things they always wanted to know but were afraid to ask,so here goes my 1st one,,,John Robinson from Elk River Minnesota asks,,,Joe,why do you dock the tails on all your lambs when there born?Good question John,there's a couple of reasons,one is so when there out to pasture and the coyote's are try'in to run them done they have one less thing to grab hold of,,,and the second and probably the most important reason is so there poop does'nt get stuck on there tail(cause there tail is gone)and helps for breeding season.

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  21:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight's question is from Al Corda from Elk Mound Wisconsin asks,,,Joe how do you get your lambs to taste so tender, and the marbleization,,,well it's spectacular!!! well AL i hate to give away all my secrets, but i feed the little guys a special blend of oats and corn and a free choice of some good alfalfa,, i'm glad you liked it Al!!
Go to Top of Page

badd65
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  09:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was sure you were feeding them
leftover duster parts, that would
make them grow faster wouldn't it?

Tom
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  22:14:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tonight's question comes from Tom Hecht residing in Menomonie Wisconsin(the Badger State)and he asks,Joe when Dean and I were over this winter helpin you turn that 74 duster 2-door sedan into a convertible,I noticed you had a mini donkey in with your sheep,why was that and also I was tellin Dean on the way home it looked like her lower belly was quite large! Tom, those are some very good questions and now let me see if I can clarify for you,,,miniature donkeys are natural guardians for sheep,others would be llama's and some large breed dogs such as great pyrenees,since Molly our donkey has been on our farm we have only lost one lamb to coyote,and that was because we had her seperated in a different pasture, cause we had a friend of Davey Hamilton's breed her,which explains her bigger belly,we hope she is pregnant and expecting in August!!
Go to Top of Page

andyschmall

245 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  23:09:01  Show Profile  Visit andyschmall's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How's your donkey Dan Carlson doing?
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  22:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rock Falls Raceway 2008 Pro ET Champion Mel Knott from Prior Lake Minnesota(the Gopher State) writes in,Joey,Is this load of composted sheep manure I got from you the other nite going to guarantee me a larger pumpkin than Dougie so I can win the largest pumpkin contest this year!!Well,,, I can't give guarantee's Mel,But I can tell you this,sheep manure is one of the best natural fertilizers you can put in your garden,heck i really doubt the white house is even using anything this good!Good Luck on those Pumpkins and the rest of your garden,and leave it to you Mel to want to be #1 at that too!!
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  22:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the way from nearby Hanover Minnesota comes tonights question,,Davey Hamilton asks Joey, what are the chances of you staying off my for sale adds so I can sell some of my stuff,,,Well Davey last time I looked at the BOP add you had 2936 viewers look at it,the only other post close to that is BIR'sWebsite post with 2924 and that's only because the Internet Rehab Doctors can't figure out how to get that laptop away from Travis!!!I promise I won't post another thing on the BOP site,but I don't think it's me after two thousand,nine hundred and thirty six folks looked at it,,,I DON'T THINK IT"S A SALEABLE ITEM!!!!!!!

Edited by - stronglikebull on 04/18/2009 08:20:48
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  21:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see andy schmall all the way from college in TODALUTE Minnesota wants to know how my Donkey Dan Carlson(AKA MOLLY) is doin',,,well Andy, Molly(I mean Dan is starting to show signs of being pregnant which is very exiting for us cause we had her mated to a miniature horse,,, so if she has a baby it would be considered a heney,,a horse and donkey cross, but my neice thinks it would be more appropriate to call it a honkey!!! Go figure the way those kids think!! got to love em,,,so I guess we'll just have to wait, she's due sometime in august,,,hey steve rohres, you want to bet on the weight!!!
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  22:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilee Moses from Eau Claire Wisconsin(the cheese head state)wants to know,,,Joe,How do you decide which car to bring to the track on Race Day,I understand you had Goin'Bananas at BIR on May 10th and now you brought Gone Bananas to the Rock on the 17th,What Gives!! Isn't that a lot of work switchin' those cars in and out of the trailer week after week,Oh,and as long as we're talkin' about trailers,did you notice I've got my own trailer now,what did you think of the color,did you like it,,,Minnesota Viking Purple!!!With Brett Farve comin to play for you guys,I just love the color,I'm try'in to talk Mike into putting some Gold Horns on each side,wouldn't that look cool!!I think we're also going to put a Big #4 on both sides of the trailer just to get ready for Brett's return to Football,I sure hope his shoulder surgery goes well,if he decides to have it,He'll probably play well for you guys if you go more to the running game so he won't have to throw soooo much cause he is getting old you know,he'll be one of the oldest QB's on the field next year,I think he's the same age as my Brother,,,no he might be a year younger,let me see,,my Brother Graduated in '88',,,no wait, that was my sister,ahh,my sister was born in '71'and my Brother was born in '73',,Oh who cares anyway,,,,so how do you decide which car you're Bringing!!! AHHHH Marilee,,,your question was so long and it took me forever to read and now it is getting late so I'll have to answer this later,,,Shake&Bake Marilee,congrats on a very nice run in 1st round on saturday,.001 lite,on with a ?,anyway to answer your question,,,one thing I noticed reading your question again is your sister was born the same year as gone,1971 and your brother was born the same year as goin',1973 is'nt that ironic!!!The only difference is I refere to Goin' as a girl,,,example(she ran right on the number and saved my a--!!or, way to go girl,we're in the next round!!)where as Gone is like(Hey Man, let's get'r'done!!or way to go guy,nice lite!!)Soooo,I guess what I'm tryin' to say is it all depends what kind of week I had and if I want to bring out my feminine side or my manly side, I hope this helps anwser your question,Shake&Bake

Edited by - stronglikebull on 06/03/2009 20:28:26
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  20:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(always happy&smilein'no matter what breaks,bends or falls off his car)Jimmy Lambrecht, from Lino Lakes Minnesota,(also known as Schmallville)asks,,,Joe, What was in those Bars you had after the race on Saturday Nite,they were some of the best bars I ever had, they almost tasted like a candy bar,wow were they good!! Well Jimmy I'm glad you liked em,,,Lisa was pretty exited to try this new recipe she got out of the last Taste of Home magazine,, they were called come&go bars,but Lisa calls them caramel cashew bars,,I offered to help make em thursday nite, she told me I could unwrap the caramels but I couldn't eat any cause she didn't have any extra's,,,so needless to say I fell asleep watchin' TV while Lisa made the bars!!!She was very pleased to hear everyone liked them and a good time was had by all!!Now You Know The Rest Of The Story

Edited by - stronglikebull on 06/06/2009 20:19:43
Go to Top of Page

nobox

129 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  20:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The come&go bars must have come&gone before you got down to our pit area. I will have to pit closer next time or get a special order from Lisa.

Lee
Dugdale
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  21:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lee, I think you were sleeping,,,the bars were eatin sometime between 11:30-12:00 PM,next time try to stay up longer!!
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  09:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lee was in my trailer right around 11:00 PM Saturday night, so couldn't have missed them by much. I know I was up but this is the first I have heard of these delicious bars.

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  22:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been informed that the bars are called Grab'N'Go Bars,,,Sorry for this mistake!! SHAKE'N'BAKE
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  23:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonite is going to be a short but very interesting piece of information,At the Horse Shoe Tourney on Saturday Nite the subject came up on how the Tooth Brush got it's name and Dan Carlson from St.Croix Wisconsin says A Redneck Named The Tooth Brush, cause if anyone else would have named it,,,They'd have called it A TEETH BRUSH!!!
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  21:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lisa told me tonite she plans on sending another pan of Grab&Go Bars along this weekend,so anyone who missed out at CFR please look me up saturday nite also smors @ the fire when we get back from Smitty's!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page