Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  22:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonite's question is from myself to my readers out there, does anyone know what a TRILOBITE is?
Go to Top of Page

brandonschmall

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  00:10:43  Show Profile  Visit brandonschmall's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will probably be wrong, but is it an extinct group of marine arthropods?
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  08:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A programmable, self-recharging, fully automatic vacuum cleaner that was no doubt named after an extinct group of marine arthropods?

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  21:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are both right on the extinct group of marine arthopods,,,nice work on Googling the answer,but the answer I was looking for was,,,,Something I have in my possession,,actually a Triobite Fossil in a piece of Minnesota Limestone,,,this is somewhere between 3&4Million years old,I will try to remember to bring it to the track for show and tell sometime,for a small fee of $1.00 I would be glad to to show you! I really need to raise some money to feed my sheep!!
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  23:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonites question comes from under my own roof,,,Lisa asks when is Molly(our mini donkey) going to have her baby,she doesn't even look pregnant to me??? Well Lisa,unlike a horse (which has an 11 month gestation)donkeys are 11-14 months and 1st time moms will not show any signs of being knocked up till the day she has it!! The only way we could know for sure is to ultra sound, but I like the suspence of just waiting,,,and no,,, one of those home prego test doesn't work on donkeys so don't ask me to catch a urine sample!!!

Edited by - stronglikebull on 07/21/2009 22:12:39
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  23:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonites question comes from Andover,Minnesota,where the Loon is the State Bird,,,Dale Hildreth asks,,,Joe, what is a Hay Conditioner and what does it do,,,Very good question Dale,I started cutting hay for my Dad when I was about 12 or 13 years old,I was using an International M Tractor with a 6or7'side mounted sickle mower and a pull behind hay conditioner, the year was about 1969 and this hay equipment was fairly new,before this we had a rear mounted sickle mower on the same tractor but no conditioner,the advantage to using the conditioner is the hay was dry a day sooner,now when you opened a field you drove your first round with the sickle down and the conditioner up,2nd round you dropped the conditioner to pick up the previous round and so on and so on till you got to the middle of the field then you would pick up the sickle,drive to the end you cut the last row from drop the conditioner but leave the sickle up,the reason for this is because the conditioner picked up the hay better head 1st not stem,then you would go back and cut your outside round(the hay you drove an to open the field)when you came to the end of cutting the outside round,you'd pick up the sickle,drop the conditioner,move over to that round and complete the circle one last time so all the hay was conditioned,,,now for how the conditioner works,it consist of 2 reinforced rubber rollers with a small space between them running a little faster than ground speed,these rollers would krimp the hay, squeezing some of the juice out allowing it to be ready for the baler about a day or 2 sooner than none conditioned hay, this method was used mostly for alfalfa and clover as grass hay would dry pretty fast without conditioning as it's more of a thin blade and not a round stem containing more moisture,as you may have noticed now a days we use what they call haybines,the sickle is mounted directly in front of the conditioner rollers, they also made conditioners for grain swathers that you could remove when you were swathing grain as the conditioner would knock the grain off the heads,,,Dale I hope this answers your question,,,I cut alot of hay for my dad with that 1st setup and sometimes I wonder if that's not why I chose drag racing, cause I may have been tired of driving in circles!!! SHAKE'N'BAKE
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  17:20:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to apologize for the long boring article above,,,to answer Dale's question in a more timely manor,,,,,,HAY CONDITIONER- A Farm Machine that treats Hay to cause more Rapid and even Drying! (I hope this helps, Mel!)
Go to Top of Page

totman
Starting Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  08:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Joe,
Long time reader, first time writer. My family has been wondering if a zebra is white with black stripes or black with white stripes? Thanks, Todd, Denise, Bub, & Nick.

Team Green Dress
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  21:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you can see by the post above, this question comes from the Totman Family all the way from Ramsey Minnesota,,,Joe,,, Does a Zebra have White on Black,or Black on White Stripes,,,WOW,,,this is something that I haven't even wondered about,and for the first time on this site have to research this very interesting question!!!About 99.9% of the articles I've found, written by the Animalalogist say it is White on Black,,,the most interesting experiment and the one I believe, is the one where they shaved a Zebra to reveal that it's skin color is Black but when its Hair grows out the white stripes appear because of something to do with Pigmentation! The only experience I have had with Zebra's is the farm where I bought Molly our Donkey from had a Male Zebra in the same pasture with some Jenny(female)Donkeys to try to create an offspring that would be referred to as a Z-Donk!!! Don't even ask me how those stripes will be arranged! SHAKE'N'BAKE
Go to Top of Page

totman
Starting Member

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  22:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Joe.

Team Green Dress
Go to Top of Page

soulfisher

59 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  00:44:49  Show Profile  Visit soulfisher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Joe, this question comes from down under. I'm visiting my daughter in Australia and am wondering why we don't have toilets that have dual flush settings, a half flush and a full flush? They've had them here for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  11:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am no Joe nor will I ever be, but I have to question the logic behind the half-flush.

Speaking of Australian toilets, I can't imagine how disorienting it must be to watch the water swirl down the toilet in counter-clockwise fashion.

Tony Leonard
Go to Top of Page

soulfisher

59 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  16:18:37  Show Profile  Visit soulfisher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually Australian toilets that I have seen flush with such force and have little water, you don't see it swirl. As for sink drains, I can't ever remember which way it swirls back home when I'm here, so what is more disorienting is seeing my lack of recall of everyday things. Guess that comes with age.
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  23:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow,These questions are getting more interesting all the time,,,So Mark Norton From Burnsville Minnesota (where tonight I think the Mosquito is the State Bird)has tonight's question,,,But the question actually comes From Down under,,,Australia,,,I can't believe we have taken this post world wide,,,one second I have to grasp my thoughts here,,,,,,Tony it's kind of funny cause Mel said the same thing about the counter clockwise swirling motion,,,well I gave Dennis up at B&D Plumbing &Heating in St.Michael a call and he told me that they installed one of these in one of the employee's house to check it out,,,,lift up the handle,.9gallon flush,,,pull down on the handle 1.6gallon flush(up for#1,,,down for#2)He also said they have installed some customer toilets that only use .8gallons per flush all the time and has no complaints,,,and Mark you are right on that no swirl effect(sorry Mel&Tony)the technology on these low water super flushers,go from front to back with such force there is no swirl,(my toilets flush this way,no swirl),,,Tony to answer your question to the logic behind the 1/2 flush,my guess,,,,it would be for #1! SHAKE'N'BAKE
Go to Top of Page

brandonschmall

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  22:23:39  Show Profile  Visit brandonschmall's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ask Ricky Bobby...
At Rock Falls Sat. night, these flashes of light were appearing from the sky as if they were strikes of lightning, lighting the clouds, yet no thunder followed them, and they continuously happened. What would that be called and how is it different from regular lightning?

Edited by - brandonschmall on 08/09/2009 22:24:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page