Front end alignment?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim R

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  18:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to get my car aligned. I put some modified parts on the steering this year and they came with very specific instructions for the alignment. Now I need a shop that can do an old school style alignment. Any suggestions?

nobox

129 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  19:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim Last year I put all new front end parts in my Chevelle. I had it aligned at a sponsors shop. Centerline truck and Auto. Talk to Dave or Howard Phone 651-487-9492.
They are Drag Racers at heart and did a very good job. Checked alignment at several heights of the suspension with printouts for all.

Lee
Dugdale
Go to Top of Page

Tim R

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  22:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lee and congrats on a good day at the Rock. Tim
Go to Top of Page

70 Boys
Administrator

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  09:47:59  Show Profile  Visit 70 Boys's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Way to go Lee ! Your on fire this year so far ! Keep it up and well see ya at Cedar falls.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

TIN INDIAN

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  22:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, a good friend of mine has been building cars and street rods since the 50's and still does it. He is very old school and his shop rate is tolerable. I was having problems with mine 5 years ago. I was going to bring it in. I told him and Jim Sauter my problem. they figured it out and he aligned my car on an open trailer before I left for a race and it has been perfect and untouched since.

We used a level,square,tape measure and chalk line. he trigged it all up. I was amazed and I will not use an alignment rack ever again.

His Name is Garry Prewitt he lives in St Bonifacious.
Phone # 952-446-9196

Or I can put you in contact with him

Davey
Go to Top of Page

Tim R

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  13:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Davey. I made an appt. for next Friday At Centerline so I will give them a shot at it. Besides That's what Lee told me to do and if Lee said to do it it must be right. I mean he's no Joe Marx but he's still pretty smart.
Thanks Tim
Go to Top of Page

nobox

129 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  20:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim
You can charm some people with all those words. But I know the real reason is because Centerline is a MDRA Sponsor.

Lee
Dugdale

Edited by - nobox on 05/22/2009 20:46:56
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  22:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tim,That's a pretty funny comment,and I also think you made a wise choice,for one thing I met Davey's friends,there Brother Inlaws,,,Sauter and his kids are roundy-rounders,heck his one boy used to drive a NASCAR,if you had them work on your car,,, you wouldn't even be able to get off the track at Cedar Falls cause the car would only want to turn Left!!!And Davey,,,judgin' by the tools you said they were usin',,I think your mixed up with the time Prewitt helped you raise the ceiling in your garage!!!GEEZE DAVEY,,,Come on!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tim R

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  09:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The alignment is done. The car drives like a dream. Howard and Milken are absolutely the best to deal with. It's good to support MDRA sponsors but It's also important to get the work done right. You get both at Centerline.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MDRA Forum © Midwest Drag Racers Association Go To Top Of Page