Reggie and Trixie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dale H.
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  10:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stronglikebull can explain the following picture...

I would like a current update on the progress of this potential award winner!!

What do you suppose is going through that dogs mind?

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  15:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dale, Thanks for posting the Pic,,,For those of you who did not have the privilege to meet Reggie&Trixie in person,,,these two live in LeRoy Mn.,,,They are headed to the Mower County Fair next week(tuesday the 11th-thru sunday the 16th) if you'd want to see em stop by it's in Austin Mn.,,,Other wise Reggie hopefully will be at the State Fair the end of this Month if he is the Heaviest Boar in the state this year,,,weigh ins are next week and he should tip the scale at 1200+#s,, still shy of a state record by over a hundred #s,,,Reggie loves cookies,(while I like chocolate mint are my favorites)Reggie likes em all!!So if you think of it bring Him a treat!!!
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  07:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took my Daughter & Grandkids to the fair yesterday,Trixie tied for 1st Place in the pet Talent Show,she jumped thru the hoop once & popped a few Bubbles for the tie,Reggie's weighin for the state fair is on the 21st,He seamed to be enjoyin' himself just layin' in front of the fan all day! I'll let you know if he makes it!
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  22:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up Date on Reggie,,,Pete called and they weighed him in tonight,,,He lost 40#'s since last week now weighing 1160#'s,,,Pete sounded a little disappointed but so far he is in the lead,,,if no won beats him he will be arriving at the state fair next thursday,,,Pete also said if anyone wants to know how he lost the 40#'s in a week,,, he thinks it was Jenny Craig!!!(or possibly the heat!)
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  23:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To those of you interested in the biggest boar contest, Pete called tonight to inform me that Reggie was beat out by another boar weighing in @ 1320#s making this one the 2nd largest in the states history!! So the optimist my brother is getting Reggie to gain 450#s since last year @ this time he says he will set the record next year with this Pig!! Isn't competition GREAT!!Good Luck Pete!!
Go to Top of Page

Dale H.
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  21:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BIG NEWS !!

Talked to Shake'N'Bakee aka Stonglikebull aka Banana Joe tonight regarding Reggie.

Reggie was officially weighed today at 1450lbs. This shatters the previous state record of 1320 lbs. Reggie put on more than 250 lbs since this time last year.

Reggie is currently at the Mower county fair in southern Minnesota and is expected to be the star PIG at the state fair.

Edited by - Dale H. on 08/11/2010 06:35:03
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  18:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is official,and here are the stats,,,Reggie,who is owned by the Mower County Fair and cared for by my Brother Pete, is officially the Heaviest Pig on Record in the State of Minnesota,1450#'s breaking the old record of 1340#'s,,,Reggie enjoyed his stay in the Children's Barnyard @ the Mower County Fair last week & is looking forward to head to St. Paul for the upcoming State Fair starting Thursday,Aug.26th,so stop on by the Swine Barn and pay a visit as Reggie enjoys his retirement and avoids the pepperoni factory! JM
Go to Top of Page

Lenny5160

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2010 :  09:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard Reggie and Pete on the KQ morning show this morning. I think the highlight was Pete estimating the weight of Reggie's testicles at 20 pounds!

Tony Leonard

Edited by - Lenny5160 on 08/30/2010 09:49:16
Go to Top of Page

70 Boys
Administrator

USA
270 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  17:08:28  Show Profile  Visit 70 Boys's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw Reggie at the State fair and met Joe Marx's brother. Reggie is absolutely humongous !!! Recorded at the fair that Reggie is 1450 lbs and a state record ! Nice Job boys.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Dale H.
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  11:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to the KQ segment that had Reggie on it.

http://podfuse-dl.andomedia.com/800185/podfuse-origin.andomedia.com/citadel_origin/pods/msp/kqrsmorningshow/201008302.mp3

The interview is about 1/2 to 2/3 way through.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  23:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the nice comments & for posting the KQ Link Dale,,,Believe it or not Pete wants me to try to raise the Biggest Sheep! Oh Brother,,,I think we'll just stick to the Carrots! JM
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  22:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reggie @ Mower County Fair This Week in Austin! Pete informed me today that Reggie is now 1540#s, this is 90#s more than his old record!Maybe KQ can interview him again to see where he gained the weight!WOW that's a lot of Pig!

Edited by - stronglikebull on 08/10/2011 21:25:01
Go to Top of Page

stronglikebull

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  06:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With much sadness, I post over the past weekend Reggie has moved on to that Big Pig Pen in the Sky,,,may he Rest in Peace.
Go to Top of Page

TIN INDIAN

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  11:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to here

Davey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: